CASH BUYER CHECKLIST:
It’s a great time to buy! If you’re in the market for a home without the hassle of a mortgage and have wisely saved your money to pay cash for your next home or investment property, you’ve definitely got a powerful advantage in today’s market. However, just because you're not subject to the same rules and regulations that are required from mortgage lenders - doesn’t mean you should just sign on any dotted line. Please contact me so I can protect your best interests and make sure you don't pay too much. Here is an important checklist we need to follow:
- Property Disclosure Statement: This form should reflect any known property damage. Is there an Oil tank on property? Is there any unauthorized accommodation? Any material latent defects must also be disclosed.
- Title Search: This will show any liens on the property, CPL's or title problems you might face
- Title Insurance: A must-have for the cash buyer - especially when considering distressed or foreclosed properties
- Home Inspection: Never buy a property without one - it's the only way to ensure you know what you are purchasing
- Termite Inspection: Tiny bugs=big problems with big repair bills - don't risk not knowing
- Property Tax Estimate: Know in advance what your estimated annual tax will be
- Appraisal: This will help you ensure that your purchase price is at fair market value
- Survey: Another important way to ensure you have accurate documentation of your Property
- Flood Zone: If you are in a flood zone, your insurance company may require additional coverage.
- Hazard Insurance : Have the property bound with insurance from the closing date
- STRATA Dues/Fees: You'll want to know what you’re getting into cost wise in terms of maintenance
As a real estate professional and consumer advocate, I will always ensure that your best interests are protected. Call me anytime to discuss what you are looking for in a property and how we can get you the best possible property for you investment.